2023-2024 Application Year
Passionate about your community? Love to engage in discussions about the future of the State? Interested in meeting other young people dedicated to public service?
Join the 57th Assembly District’s Youth Leadership Program!
The Youth Leadership Program (YLP) is designed for high school juniors and seniors who live or attend high school within the 57th Assembly District. It is a seven month program that provides participants with an opportunity to learn about the legislative process, attend skill development workshops, gain access to a mentor and to volunteer at community events.
Participants attend monthly meetings where they will be exposed to experiences that nurture and support their leadership potential and prepare them for a future in college and/or the workforce.
The program is open to students of all achievement levels. Students should have an interest in learning more about state government and be able to commit to attending the monthly meetings. The program will commence in November 2023 and will culminate with a completion ceremony in June 2024.
Our office will be hosting an information session to clarify any questions you may have about the program. This information session will be hosted virtually via Zoom on October 20th from 5 pm to 6 pm. RSVP below to receive a link for the information session.
How to Apply:
- Complete the attached application and email to Destyni Freese at Destyni.Freese@asm.ca.gov
- Include a 1-page single space Personal Statement
- Must be a Junior or Senior
- Must live or attend a high school in the 57th Assembly District
- Actively participate during Youth Leadership Program Meetings
- Attend all monthly meetings. Participants will only be allowed two excused absences
If you have any questions, please contact Destyni Freese at Destyni.Freese@asm.ca.gov or 213-744-2111.