SACRAMENTO, CA – Yesterday, Assemblymember Lisa Calderon (D-Whittier) joined colleagues in passing a pandemic relief budget package that provides billions of dollars in immediate relief for California families and small businesses impacted significantly as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
"I am proud to join my colleagues in passing this historic piece of legislation that meets the financial needs of those that have been severely impacted by this unrelenting pandemic,” stated Assemblymember Lisa Calderon. “This relief will bring much needed resources to the individuals, families, and small businesses in my community that have struggled to make ends meet this past year and jumpstart the state’s path to recovery.”
Budget Package Items Include:
• Direct Payments to Individuals, providing direct relief to those that have disproportionately been struggling with the economic burden of the COVID-19 recession.
• Support for Small Business, including billions in tax cuts for businesses that participated in the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).
• Fee Waivers for Licensees, granting two-year relief by waiving licensing fees for restaurants, bars, and individuals and businesses providing cosmetology and haircare services, amongst others.
• Childcare Assistance, including an extension of childcare services for essential workers and at-risk children not currently served.
• Emergency Relief for Community College Students, provides additional funds for emergency financial aid for qualifying students as well as services to support those who left college or are at risk of leaving due to COVID-19.
Learn more about the Budget relief package by clicking HERE.
Contact: Tom White at Tom.White@asm.ca.gov